Just throw the following ingredients into a pan on medium for about 5 minutes, no need to bring to a boil:
- 1 1/2 nut or coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 3 drops ginger essential oil*
- 2 drops black pepper essential oil*
- 1 drop cardamom essential oil* (optional)
- 1 pea-sized drop of raw coconut oil
*please note: only consume essential oils that have a nutrition label on them and are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.
I was out of fresh ginger one time when I wanted golden milk and use my ginger essential oil instead, I’ll never go back, the essential oil adds such a different and yummy flavor to the milk.
Once the milk is warmed, put it in a mug and enjoy! Sometimes my husband links to sneak a bit for his coffee.
Have you tried essential oils in your cooking?